Thursday 20 October 2011

New inspiration weekly: LED lamps

 In this series I will try to present some of the very good ideas I have found in the net. Every post will be inspired by one simple idea. This weeks main topic is: LED lamps. So everything connected to this topic -- that put a smile on my face -- will be presented below. Enjoy!

Image 1. DIY New Year's Eve LED ball.
  1. The most beautiful of all my findings (Image 1) was this DIY New Year's Eve LED ball. This combines a rather normal LED multicoloured lamp with a simply-brilliant look. So when I will think about my mood-room in a near future, this will be my mood-lamp.


  2. The second best (Movie 1) is not really a proper "lamp", but still it can be used as a "lamp" that lights the room while You are watching a movie. Yes, yes it is called ambilight. But the presented solution of ambilight is more interesting, because one can build it for himself... :D. In fact, at the moment I am considering to buy this stuff and simply make it.


  3. Image 2. Slamp
  4. The next shining lamp (Image 2) does not seem to use LEDs inside, but I can imagine, that it would look also brilliant if not even better.

  5. Last but not least, a simple lightning system that is meant to be self assembled. The whole idea is to create a 3Dimensional shape, for example a cube. The Cube is a rather simple example. Much more complex can contain about 120 elements. A quick thought makes me wonder, how a combination of multicoloured LEDs from the Image 1 would look in this lightning system.

2 comments: